This is a whole lot easier if you use a healthcare CRM and an automated communication solution like ours.
If you want to do this yourself, here’s how to set up your current IVR on Amazon connect contact center. Please read this other post to get the basics down first. Let’s get to transferring over your current IVR options to your new contact center!
- Collect your current IVR options
Here’s an example from one of the medical practices we manage:
– When a caller calls the main number, they are first given a language option. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, 3 for Bengali, 4 for Hindi.
– Once the caller chooses a language, the same options are presented in different languages.
– After the choice of language, the callers are asked to choose a business function. Press 1 for appointments, 2 for pharmacy, 3 for surgeries, 4 for billing.
Your next step is to go back to how you created your first contact flow in this other post.
Save the contact flow as something else e.g. “NH inbound flow – step 1 (first contact experience)”
- Create language options
There are two ways to do it.
– Create an audio file that says “For English, press 1. For Spanish press 2. … “ etc. This is by far the easiest way to do it.
– Use the in-built voice function in AWS Connect to handle the same. This is a bit more complicated.
Keep in mind that AWS connect does not (at time of writing) have all the languages. That’s why we recommend creating an audio file with all the voice options.
- Branch off everything
Each language section should be almost a duplicate of each other. The only thing you would have to do is to add one node like this “Set Voice”. Again, keep in mind that Amazon Connect does not have all languages, but in our experience, it does a really good job with Spanish and English (the ones we tested).
Once you do that, the voice sounds very naturally Spanish.
- Feel free to download the file here to get started
This is just a sample file. Download it, and import it into your Amazon Connect instance – it might help you get through this faster.